To ensure that your product performs and lasts for as long as it should, it is important to understand the care that natural materials need.
- Simply remove dirt and mud with a soft brush when dry, or sponge wipe with cold water. Do not use any detergents, solvents or put in a washing machine.
- To maintain the water resistance and to bring the colour back out of the cotton, rewaxing is essential. This needs to be done when water no longer beads off of the surface of the product.
- Melt the wax by leaving the tin in a shallow bowl of hot water. The wax is ready when it is of liquid consistency.
- Using a clean cloth or sponge, work the melted wax into the product, focusing on worn or dry patches. If there is excess wax, wipe off so that there is a consistent wax layer applied.
- The product can then be aired dried but for best results and the most even finish gently hair dry the product on a low heat to aid even coverage and then dry.
- Simply remove dirt and mud with a soft brush when dry, or sponge wipe with cold water. Do not use any detergents, solvents or put in a washing machine. Do not scrub with force as this can damage the fibres unnecessarily. Allow to dry naturally.
Contact us for further information.